WASHINGTON REGIONAL ALCOHOL PROGRAM (WRAP)
OPERATIONS MANAGER POSITION
Founded in 1982, the Washington Regional Alcohol Program (www.wrap.org) is an award-winning public-private partnership working to prevent drunk driving and underage drinking in the Washington-metropolitan area. Through public education, innovative health education programs and advocacy, WRAP is credited with keeping the metro-Washington area’s alcohol-related traffic deaths historically lower than the national average. WRAP, however, may best be known to area residents via the organization’s popular free safe ride service to prevent drunk driving, SoberRide®.
Programs and services provided by WRAP include the nonprofit’s (501[c]) Alcohol Awareness for Students, Youth Safety Events, Moment of Silence, Safe And Vital Employees, SoberRide® as well as its annual Law Enforcement Awards of Excellence for Impaired Driving Prevention. For more information visit, www.wrap.org.
The Operations Manager is responsible for accounting, systems operations and daily financial management for the organization. Duties include preparation of financial analyses, statements and reports; management of cash, receivables, payables and bank reconciliations; purchasing; contract and benefits administration; equipment maintenance; grant application preparation; and other office / support services to include direct administrative and technical support to WRAP’s President and Program Manager. In addition, WRAP’s Operations Manager is responsible for the nonprofit’s coordination with public partners re. special events and activities including both the annual Maryland Impaired Driving Enforcement Awards and “Maryland Remembers” ceremony.
- Exercising responsibility for the organization’s accounting, systems operations and daily financial management (including routine interface with WRAP’s independent CPA and financial auditing firms).
- Preparing monthly financial files (payroll, accounts receivable/payable, income and grant billings) presented to said CPA firm for preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Managing the organization’s cash, receivables, payables and bank reconciliations on a regular and timely basis.
- Preparing and submitting the organization’s bi-monthly payroll.
- Preparing and submitting the organization’s annual operating budget.
- Interfacing with and engaging organization’s independent financial auditor for annual audit.
- Preparing for submission five annual grant applications for three funding public partner jurisdictions (DC/MD/VA).
- Preparing and submitting for reimbursement vouchers for grants on a timely basis.
- Regularly interfacing with public partners to ensure grant and project compliance.
- Coordinating with public partners re. special events and activities including both the annual Maryland Impaired Driving Enforcement Awards and “Maryland Remembers” ceremony.
- Serving as the nonprofit organization’s operations manager and comptroller.
- Exercising oversight and interface with outside agency relative to staff health insurance coverage and benefits.
- Maintaining, filing and retaining all business, tax and legal filings as required by federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Regularly interfacing with organization’s voluntary leadership including attending and presenting financial reports at WRAP Board meeting and maintaining current contact information.
- Managing inventory of organization’s office, copier and postage meter supplies and order the same accordingly.
- Requesting office maintenance services through landlord portal as needed.
- Managing the organization’s IT and office equipment needs.
- Providing office support services including direct administrative and technical support to WRAP President and Program Manager.
The position reports directly to WRAP’s President & CEO.
Compensation: Full-time (37.5-hour, flextime workweek) position offering a salary commensurate with experience including a competitive benefits package, free parking, non-smoking environment in Tysons office setting and a position on a small but energetic, winning team. Opportunities for partial, future telework. (WRAP staff are currently teleworking due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.)
Travel: Travel would largely consist of participation in WRAP’s six annual Board of Directors meetings and or functions all taking place both during regular business hours and in the Washington-metropolitan area.
Qualifications: Include a minimum of a BS/BA degree (Finance/Accounting degree desirable) or related, relevant experience with a minimum five years office/project management experience preferably in an association/nonprofit setting to include but not limited to preparation of financial analyses/statements/reports, the management of cash/receivables/payables/bank reconciliations, purchasing and contract/benefits administration; demonstrated experience in accounting, systems operations and daily financial management ideally for a multi-stream NPO; demonstrated mathematical and analytical skills; and Microsoft Office proficiency specifically Excel. Candidates should additionally have proven experience in both meeting deadlines and implementing & balancing several projects simultaneously. Ideal candidate will have experience in managing state and or federal grants.
► How to Apply: Submit PDFs (only) of detailed resume and cover letter identifying salary requirements by March 19, 2021, in confidence to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
(This job description does not imply that the stated requirements are the only expectations for the position. Incumbents are expected to perform any other duties that may be assigned. WRAP has the right to revise this job description at any time. WRAP is an “at will” employer and as such, this job description does not constitute any form of contractual agreement with WRAP. WRAP may not respond to all applications and unsolicited phone calls or emails may not be returned. WRAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.)
WRAP is a nonprofit [501(c)(3)], public-private partnership working to prevent drunk driving and underage drinking in the Washington-metropolitan region.