WRAP Commemorates 40th Year in Fighting Drunk Driving and Underage Drinking
GREATER WASHINGTON INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS LAUDED FOR THEIR COMMUNITY SERVICE
Washington, DC, October 21 – The nonprofit Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP) commemorated its 40th year fighting drunk driving and underage drinking today via the organization’s 2022 Annual Meeting and WRAPPY Awards ceremony held at Clyde’s of Gallery Place in Washington. D.C.
Following a presentation by District of Columbia Deputy Mayor for Operations and Infrastructure, Lucinda Babers who served as the 40th anniversary event’s Featured Speakers, WRAP bestowed the following honors:
2022 Community Partnership Award
- AAA Mid-Atlantic
- Glory Days Grill
- INOVA Trauma Center
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
- Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington
2022 Law Enforcement Award
- Samantha Brien, Restaurant and Nightlife Liaison, Arlington County Police
2022 Youth Leadership Award
- Youth of Virginia Speak Out About Traffic Safety (YOVASO)
2022 Media Partnership Award
2022 Public Service Award
- Virginia Association of Commonwealth’s Attorneys
2022 Chairman’s Award
- Travis Gibbons and Chris Hennigh
2022 Public Partnership Award
- District of Columbia Department of Transportation’s Highway Safety Office
- Maryland Highway Safety Office, Motor Vehicle Administration
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
2022 Corporate Sponsorship Award (contributing $2,500 or more to WRAP in FY 2022):
- Anheuser-Busch and Local Distributors
- Beer Institute
- Constellation Brands
- District of Columbia Association of Beverage Alcohol Wholesalers
- Enterprise Holdings
- Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility
- Giant Food
- Glory Days Grill
- Molson Coors
- New Belgium Brewing
- Transurban (Operator of 495, 95 and 395 Express Lanes)
- Washington Area New Automobile Dealers Association
2022 Corporate Partnership Award
WRAP today also reelected the following officers: Patrick Burke (Washington, D.C. Police Foundation), Chairman, Christopher Hennigh (Amazon), Vice Chairman; Linda Watkins (INOVA Trauma Center), Secretary Jim Fell (NORC at University of Chicago), Treasurer; and Gary Cohen (Glory Days Grill), Immediate Past Chairman.
The charity also elected Brandy Nannini (Smart Start LLC) to its Board of Directors.
In addition, WRAP today elected the following three individuals as organizational Members: Lieutenant Matthew Bressler (Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office); Samantha Brien (Arlington County Police Department); and Edward Hutchison (Lyft).
Sponsors of WRAP’s 2022 Annual Meeting & WRAPPY Awards included Amazon, AAA Mid-Atlantic, Breakthru Beverage Group, the Coalition of Ignition Interlock Manufacturers, GMMB, McAndrew Company, Safe Night LLC, Chris Tavlarides and Transurban.
Founded in 1982, the nonprofit [501(c)(3)] Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP) is a coalition of diverse interests using effective education, innovative programs and targeted advocacy to end alcohol-impaired driving and underage drinking in the Washington, DC metro area. Through public education, innovative health education programs and advocacy. WRAP is credited with keeping the metro-Washington area’s alcohol-related traffic deaths historically lower than the national average. WRAP, however may best be known to area residents via the organization’s popular free safe ride service for would-be drunk drivers, SoberRide®.
For more information, visit WRAP’s web site at www.wrap.org.